Monticello, Indiana (47960)
- Triple Digit Turnaround in Hog Futures
- Nearby lean hog prices are weaker by as much as $1.97 through midday. The National Average Base Hog price from Monday afternoon was $2.48 lower at $82.60. The CME Lean Hog Index for 9/29 was another 23 cents lower to $94.91. Pork cutout futures are also red through midday, giving...
- Limit Bounce For Cotton on Economic Rebound
- Cotton futures are up by their allotted 4 cent limit through the front months. The general economy is recovering through midday with gold (GCZ22) , and crude (CLX22) each up by 2-3%. The stock market (SPY) is also recovering. The 22/23 cotton crop had open bolls for 77% of plants...
- Beans Off Highs but Still Stronger
- Soybean prices are strengthening through the midday portion of Tuesday with the board +10 cents off the early highs but still 9 1/4 to 22 cents in the black. Soymeal prices are working mixed at midday within $3/ton of UNCH. BO futures are gaining 150 to 167 points through midday....
- Corn Futures in the Black
- Midday corn futures are gaining in tandem with general broad based buying. Corn futures are up by 4 to 6 cents so far. Gold (GCZ22) , crude oil (CLZ22) and the stock market (SPY) are all also higher. Barchart estimated the 22/23 corn output at 14.759 bbu in their October...
- Cattle Red for Midday
- The early cattle market has the board 17 to 52 cents lower so far through April. The April contract is a nickel stronger at midday. Tuesday’s FCE on Central Stockyards saw $142 bids but no sales for the 1,507 head listed. Asks were $145. USDA called the bulk of Southern...
- Mixed Midday for Wheat Market
- CBT SRW is left out of the Tuesday bounce so far, with futures down by as much as 4 1/4 cents. KC and MPLS prices are holding early strength. HRW futures are up 5 1/2 to 8 cents for midday. Spring wheat futures are trading 1 1/2 to 5 1/2...